If you’re in search of the best iron for edge banding in 2023, you’re in luck! We’re here to provide you with a list of the best edge banding iron options, but that is not all!
We also provide you with a summarized buying guide that will make your edge banding iron purchases feel like a breeze at any time and anywhere! No more struggling and wasting time looking for the ideal product – you’ll identify your perfect iron in the blink of an eye with our guide!
List of Best Iron for Edge Banding 2023 – Top Picks
1. O’SKOOL Iron
We’ll begin our list of the best edge banding irons with the O’SKOOL iron which is very safe to use and high in quality. With a 110V cord, a safety metal stand, cotton sock, and an instruction manual, you’ll be able to use this iron like a pro even if you aren’t one!
The precise thermostatic control provides you with 212°F – 428°F, as well as an LCD screen that will show you the current temperature. You’ll be able to change the temperature setting with ease. Going from °C to °F can be done with a click of a button for only 3 seconds. Easy peasy!
The handle of this iron is ergonomically designed, which means you’ll be able to use it comfortably. The specially-designed tips make accessing tight corners a piece of cake, and the sock protects the coating on your iron and prevents any scratching and marring, which will make your work a lot easier.
2. Virutex Iron
The next one on our list is the Virutex iron. It is made for cutting and slitting laminates, wood veneers, and melamine with ease. This iron provides clean cuts that prevent wasting any material.
The Virutex iron features exchangeable cutting wheels, which makes it quite convenient and useful for different projects. You can use the quick adjustment lever and minute precision threaded knob to adjust the strip width and lock nut effortlessly.
3. WoodRiver Iron
If you’re looking for an iron that features excellent quality and shows the temperature setting clearly on a digital display, the WoodRiver iron is your perfect choice!
This iron provides precise digital temperature control from 212°F to 428°F. You can easily toggle from °C to °F in just a few clicks. The 100V power cord features an automatic shutoff after approximately six hours, so you don’t have to worry about whether you left your iron on or not!
With the digital LCD display, you’ll always know whether the temperature for edge banding is set precisely and not have to wonder about a thing.
4. Clover Iron
The last iron on our list of the best irons for edge banding in 2023 is the Clover mini iron. This iron will provide super useful and convenient whenever you need it.
With rubber sole feet and a metal holder, this iron is made to last for a long time and provide you with the best performance. It is very lightweight and easy to control, which makes it perfect for traveling and bringing it with you wherever you need it.
Simply pack it in your luggage and expect it to take up almost no space at all! The mini-shaped head is made for tight spots, so you’ll have no issues using this iron for whatever you want.
Before deciding what edge banding iron to get, you need to know what factors to consider during the purchase. Going into your purchase blindly isn’t recommended and can result in you experiencing a variety of issues with the product.
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of choosing and purchasing the product only to have to return it and buy a new one, meaning go through the entire shopping ordeal again, you must know what to consider prior to embarking on the said journey.
Doing any type of research requires time and effort, and the same goes for research for edge banding irons. If you’re on a tight schedule and don’t have time to waste on doing research, you don’t have to settle for choosing any iron you come across. We did the research in your stead and summarized all the info into a neat list that you’ll be able to read in only a few minutes!
That way, you won’t have to spend hours or days looking for info on your own, and you can get ready to shop like a pro in a jiffy! Check out the list below to see what factors you should consider when choosing the best iron for edge banding in 2023:
The first thing you need to think about when choosing the best iron for edge banding is definitely quality. There is more than one reason why quality is the most important factor to consider no matter what product you’re purchasing. The first and most obvious one is performance.
If you want your product to provide you with the best possible performance, you need to make sure it’s high in quality and made of extremely fine materials. Some manufacturers tend to produce products that are low in quality but super affordable and, in that way, make customers settle for something that won’t serve them very well.
That is why you need to make sure that the quality of the product you’re purchasing is high, even if it is a few dollars more than what you originally wanted to spend. If you want your product to last for a long time and provide excellent performance along with long service life, getting a high-quality product is a must.
The next thing you need to be aware of is the type of materials the product you’re purchasing is made of. Although you need to make sure that the materials are high in quality, there is more to this than just that.
You also want to look for materials that aren’t toxic and ensure that the product you’re purchasing is completely safe to use. Customers often forget to check for this info and regret it later on, so we’re here to remind you of how important this is.
You can easily find this type of info by checking product descriptions, which typically takes little time and effort, but can save you from so much unnecessary hassle. In case the product you want doesn’t have this info explicitly mentioned in its description or customer reviews, you shouldn’t buy it. Proceed to look for more products and find one that guarantees all your needs will be met.
We’ll move on to another essential factor you need to consider – features. The reason why features are as important as they are is that they dictate how useful and convenient the product you’re purchasing will be. If you want to use your product for more than one task, you will want it to provide you with as many features as possible.
That way, you won’t have to worry about whether you can use it for a different task, besides the one it is made for. You also want to make sure that there are safety features, water resistance, and other functions that would prove convenient when using the product.
This info is typically listed in product descriptions, so checking them is essential before making your final decision. It’s always better to be safe than sorry, so you can also scroll through a few customer reviews to see what they have to say about the product and how satisfied they are with it. You might be able to find a few photos as well and see how the product looks in reality.
The last thing you should factor in when it comes to purchasing the best iron for edge banding is its durability. Now, durability is crucial when it comes to purchasing these products because no one wants to get one that lasts for only a couple of uses and breaks or malfunctions all the time.
Having your iron repaired every once in a while or getting a new one will certainly be expensive, and the effort it would take is no one’s idea of a good time.
Instead of getting frustrated and annoyed, you should spare a few minutes to check how durable the product you want to get is prior to getting it. Although this is usually easier to do in person, you can totally do it when online shopping as well.
All you need to do is check product descriptions to see what the manufacturer has to say about the product’s durability and the materials used in the making of the product. You should look for materials that are highly durable, as well as an ergonomic design that will make using the iron feel like a breeze.
1. How Hot Should My Edge Banding Iron Be?
One of the most important things when it comes to edge banding is temperature. You need the temperature of your iron to be set at the exact right setting to make sure the edge banding process goes smoothly. If you fail to do so, the bonding quality will likely be affected, which means you have to pay attention to this.
Set the temperature at 390 F (or hotter) for the best results. That will make the glue line flow perfectly, and you won’t experience any issues with edge banding.
2. Am I Allowed To Use a Regular Iron for Edge Banding?
The answer to this question is yes, you can use your regular iron for edge banding, but things are a bit more complicated than that. If you use your regular iron for this process, it is likely that you won’t be able to use it for ironing clothes afterward.
The reason behind this is that the glue used for edge banding will likely ruin your clothes if you use the iron for edge banding beforehand. If you don’t want to risk ruining your favorite T-shirt, steer clear of this and use your iron for only one of these two tasks. Should you decide to use a regular iron for edge banding, make sure it is set to the cotton setting and 390 degrees (or hotter).
3. How Thick Does Edge Banding Need To Be?
If you’re curious about the thickness of edge banding, we got you covered. The thickness depends on what you use it for. For example, having 1mm-thick edge banding for high-use areas like bathrooms and kitchens is recommended.
That will protect the cabinets that you use daily from frequent use. However, when you use edge banding for commercial jobs and need stronger edge banding, going for a 3mm-thick one is the safest option. Think about the use of edge banding and choose its thickness accordingly.
Purchasing the best iron for edge banding in 2023 doesn’t have to be a burden. Although it usually takes a lot of time and effort to identify the best one that will fit your needs perfectly, we’re here to cut your work in half and provide you with a much more convenient solution.
Once you go through our list of the best options on the market and our buying guide, you’ll be able to make your shopping journey as fast and easy as you want. You’ll have all the necessary info at your fingertips, which will make your shopping journey a piece of cake. Even if it is your first time completing this task, you won’t be confused and not know what to look for. Work smarter, not harder!
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- This tool is used to chamfer and deburr edge banding to give sheets with smooth curved edges; It's not suitable if you want to cut off the the high...
- Aluminum alloy body,tungsten steel blade,CNC machined,well made and sturdy
- Replaceable tungsten steel blade and on one blade has two cutting edge,equivalent to you get two blade
- This edge banding trimmer with portable size and easy to carry
- 3 Types Optional: The R1 type is suitable for both thin and thick edge banding, thickness from 0.8mm to 2.0mm; R2 type is suitable for the thicker...
- EDGE BANDING POFESSIONAL HEAVY DUTY TRIMMER – this expert designed edge banding trimmer easily cuts veneer edge banding with ease thanks to the...
- STRAIGHT FLUSH EDGES – our veneer cutter is easy to use and is suitable for use by both professionals and hobby woodworkers. A versatile veneer...
- SUITABLE FOR A VARIETY OF EDGE BANDING SIZES – this edge banding cutter has been designed to fit edging up to 1 mm thick and between 0.5 and 2...
- PREMIUM QUALITY VENEER CUTTER – made from the highest quality carbon steel, this long-lasting veneer trimmer features a steel blade which supplies a...
- VERSATILE EDGE BANDING CUTTER – this veneer edge trimmer is ideal for a variety of woodworking projects including furniture, shelving and cabinetry...
- No springs attached
- Trims all directions
- Carbide blades last 5 times longer than steel blades
- Comfortable, ergonomic design
- Practical Function:The woodworking edge trimmer can be used to finish deburring,cut off the excess edge banding and fix it firmly.
- Equipped with R1&R2&R3 Blade:R1 For edge banding thickness:0.8-2mm,R2:For edge banding thickness:1.5 - 2.0mm.R3: For wood and wood chamfering. The...
- High-quality Material:The edge trimmer manual tool is made of aluminum alloy,antirust and high texture,sturdy and durable,can be used for a long time.
- Easy To Operate:The trimmer handle is ergonomically designed,the unique design of the finger gripping position make you can complete the operation...
- Multiple Applications:Suitable for wood and various eage banding materials such as flexible melamine paper,veneer,plastic and PVC.
- Material: Made of high carbon steel and high quality PVC, with sharply and durable blades and non-slip handle. Easy to operate and more efficiency
- With 2pcs spare blades: When the blades worn, these spare blades can be used for replacing. Ensure a long life using. More economic and...
- Perfectly design: Blades designed on the side of edge trimmer, it is much easier to cut, and can cut off the spare plate precise, smoothly. And...
- Widely using: these end edge cutter can be used on wood, plastic, PVC, plywood. And very suitable for panel type furniture, cabinet making, decoration...
- Warranty: We promise provide satisfied service for every client, if there is any quality issue, we can send a new replacement or refund full refund.